The Parks and Recreation Sustainability Committee will offer three FREE classes titled "Leave No Trace" starting Jan. 11. (This class start date has recently been rescheduled to Jan. 11)
These classes are for hikers, bikers, trip leaders and anyone recreating in open space. All classes are held in the Eolus Room at the Durango Recreation Center and are FREE. To sign up, go to DurangoGov.org/ParksandRec or contact: Courtney Child at Courtney.Child@DurangoGov.org or call 970-375-7300
1st Class - Tuesday, Jan. 11 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Trail etiquette
- How to travel on durable surfaces
- How to eat in the wilderness
- How to minimize campfire impacts
2nd Class - Tuesday, Jan. 18 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- How to dispose of waste and use the restroom in the wilderness
- How to respect wildlife
3rd Class - Tuesday, Jan. 25 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Bear and mountain lion safety