Starting on Monday, June 14, 2021, River City Hall will be open to the public. Masks are encouraged when entering the building.
If you do not wish to visit River City Hall in person, we will continue accepting and processing applications for permits and development approvals digitally. If you have a new inquiry, please use the following resources:
- FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT INQUIRIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR BUILDING PERMIT INQUIRIES, INCLUDING APPLICATIONS AND INSPECTIONS: Contact Jackie Cox at Jaclyn.firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 375-4852.
- FOR ENGINEERING INQUIRIES, INCLUDING EXCAVATION PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS OF PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS/UTILITIES: Call the main phone line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW INQUIRIES: Email email@example.com or call the main line at (970) 375-4850.
- FOR CODE ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Contact Steve Barkley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 375-4930.
- FOR PARKING ENFORCEMENT INQUIRIES: Call (970) 375-4960.
Payments for applications and permits can be dropped off inside River City Hall, and will also continue to be accepted over the phone by calling the main line (970) 375-4850. Checks will also be accepted at the secure payment drop-box outside River City Hall and should be addressed to the City of Durango and include a detailed description of the project and fee being collected.
COVID-19 Job Site Safety
Construction projects and companies in their supply chain are NOT EXEMPT from social distancing requirements. Please reference the following documents regarding COVID-19 information, and social distancing and hygiene protocols:
- City of Durango Face Covering Order News Release
- Colorado Association of Home Builders Blog (contains up-to-date COVID-19 information for builders)
- Colorado Association of Home Builders COVID-19 Job Site Safety
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Construction Guidance
Planning Division Responsibilities
The Planning Division is responsible for the review of private and public development projects, administers the Comprehensive Plan (PDF) and the Land Use Development Code, and develops area and topical plans.
Department staff also provides administrative services to the:
- City Council
- Design Review Board
- Historic Preservation Board
- LUDC Board of Appeals
- Planning Commission
- Public Art Commission
- Others, as needed